Sunday, October 19, 2008

No more presents

Ayden told me today that I can't have any more presents. I asked her what she meant and she started listing off all the presents I have been getting lately: the shower bench, the toilet seat, the grab bar, the wheel chair, the walker, the cane, the left foot gas pedal, etc. As far as she is concerned, these are all presents. I asked her if she means that I don't get any more presents on my birthday and Christmas and she said: "no, you can have some presents on your birthday and Christmas but you can't get more presents when you want them." So that settles it. No more gimp gadgets for me.

Unfortunately for Ayden, I am supposedly getting a new walker. I basically had to threaten InvaCare with a law suit to get it, but it looks like they are going to ship one. I shouldn't speak to soon though since I haven't actually had a confirmation yet. In the meantime I have been using my cane a lot. I prefer it over the walker, but I probably should still be using the walker until the shell comes off, just to be safe. I am also not supposed to be lifting or carrying so the walker comes in handy going to and from school when I have my backpack. However, I have my next appointment on Nov. 4 - just five days shy of the 4 month mark - and I am really hoping that they let me take it off at that appointment. Wendy and I had our anniversary and we had a great time. I amazed her with my incredible stamina and my awesome walking and wheeling skills (we took the cane and the wheelchair). You can check out some fun pictures at the family blog.

No comments: