Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The force is strong with you young (Sky)walker

My new walker arrived today. I guess I owe the good folks at InvaCare a thank you for deciding to honor their manufacturer's warranty. It worked out well in the end. I used the cane for a while, and I probably still will to some extent. So now I know I can do that. I got some good exercise from it. Plus, the new walker is taller, folds up smaller, and is a cooler color. Hard to go wrong.

I had therapy today and my right quad has again made some pretty impressive progress. I am able to do some serious gravity defy-ing these days when I am kicking out. Still not all the way, or even most of the way, back to normal, but we are making progress. Also, the neuropathic pain I get in my right leg seems to occur now only when something makes contact with my leg (in the shower, when I put my pants on, etc.) which my therapist says is probably a good sign that sensation is slowly returning. We shall see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are doing better. That is awesome! I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the neuropathic pain. I had my ankle operated on last week and it totally messed up my nerves and sensation. At times I feel like someone has a blow torch on my toes and at other times when they get touched or rubbed against it feels like someone just chopped them off. It is the weirdest and worst pain I have felt. I hope hat goes away for you soon.