Friday, October 10, 2008

The News Story

I received a DVD today from the videographer that shot footage of the accident and wrote the follow-up story. He gave my the original TV version of the follow-up story and the footage he shot from the accident. I posted the news story on YouTube and I am embedding it here so you can view it.



I have to admit that watching the original footage was kind of hard. When it is short clips in a news story with the narrative and everything it seems dramatized to the point of not being real. Watching the segments of video he shot with the original sound made it seem more authentic. It brought back some unpleasant memories. I had forgotten, until I watched it, how it felt to hit the pavement and how I felt while I lay in the street. Even Wendy said it was hard to watch and Ayden got a little upset by the small part that she saw. It isn't graphic, but it's hard to watch knowing it is me.

The original footage is pretty long and pretty big so I haven't posted it. I suppose if there is enough demand I can take some clips out and post them. Or local residents can just watch it the next time they see me with my laptop.

No comments: