Thursday, October 9, 2008

3 Months Broken

Well, today makes three months since the accident. At this point I am outpacing my equipment by leaps and bounds. I got my wheelchair but one of the handles is broken. The wheelchair company wants me to take the handle off, pay to ship it to them, and then when they get it they will mail me a new one so that I can put it together. They shipped it broken. It makes me want to just return the whole thing and say forget it.

Tonight my walker broke. And I don't mean the handle or something. I mean the metal frame snapped clean in half. I was shocked. It supposedly has a 300 pound weight limit, which is substantially more than my current 210 lbs. Wendy taped it back together to try and keep it working until we can get a replacement. I have posted a picture since it looks pretty hilarious. If I didn't draw stares at school just with a walker, I certainly will now.

Meanwhile, I am progressing well now. I went so long without any progress in my right leg that I started getting nervous. Now my quad has gotten a lot stronger. I got it off the table doing leg lifts the other day and I have caught myself several times when my knee buckles. I just hope that my walker/wheelchair/cane will last long enough for me to recover. What a joke!

2 comments:

Errant said...

interesting blog

had very nice reading this morning, hope you'll get well soon .. your family are lucky to have ya around :)

Jamie said...

Ayden looks so cute in that picture. It' fun to read about what's going on. I read more than I comment! :)