Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stairway to Heaven

Today was a nice relaxing day at home. Since I wasn't exhausted from therapy I was pretty active during the day. We played what we called the sensitivity game. I closed my eyes and Wendy, Ayden, and Claire took turns touching places on my right leg and I would see if I could feel it and how well. Hopefully over time I will be able to see more and more improvement.

For dinner we went to Costco. We needed to do some shopping as well. I took the wheelchair to get around and I was able to keep up and navigate just fine without getting tired. I made it into the bathroom all by myself. When we got home I asked my neighbor, Kyle Brothersen, if he could help spot me while I went in the house through the front door. I practiced stairs in rehab yesterday so I wanted to try the house. To get in the front there are about four steps going up to the front door and then a flight of steps (about 12 or so) going down into the house. I was a little unstable on some of them but I made it up and then down.

No comments: