Monday, August 18, 2008

My Big Fat Gimpy Weekend

For those of you that check the blog several times a day (mom) I apologize for not having written anything over the weekend. The good news is that I am still alive to write an entry this morning. It has been a busy weekend.

Friday evening we went to the Durrans's house for dinner. Saturday we were in Salt Lake all day for my Aunt Marilyn's funeral. Hearing about all the pain she went through during her life, and the amazing attitude she had through it all, was good motivation for me. In some ways I felt like my aching back at her funeral was my own personal tribute. We will miss her!

Sunday I made it through a full day of church and then we went back to the Durrans's for dinner in the evening. Tonight we are going to Grandma Wilson's house to have dinner with a lot of my family. It has been fun getting out and doing stuff with family but I woke up pretty exhausted this morning. I told Wendy that we need to get rid of all this family so I can get back to being lazy all day long (I was just joking...). I am just glad that I am able to get up and do everything that I have been doing. I am starting to feel somewhat human again. As I keep telling Grandpa Durrans, "I am not invalid."

I hope you all enjoyed the video of me walking. Just to provide a little more media entertainment, here is a flash from the past. Some of you may have seen this on TV, if not, here is the news story that ran after my accident. It turns out that I landed on the street where a KUTV cameraman lives. What's even more exciting is that his wife is a therapist at UVRMC. She said her husband is going to make me a DVD of the original footage that he shot. When I get it I will see if I can post any of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, that news clip, is a little wierd! Somehow seeing the news clip makes it seem a lot more serious than I originally thought...maybe it's a good thing that I didn't see that until now. =)
Keep up the good work!