Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stake Conference

We had stake conference this weekend and I was asked to sing in a quartet for the adult session last night (Saturday). We don't have a ramp going up on the stand in our stake center so I had to go up the stairs and have Mark Bocanegra carry my walker up. I made it up the stairs and over to the podium just fine. I was a little nervous that I would fall and cause a scene. I felt a little like a circus act even though everything went ok. I don't really remember how the song went although I am told we did well. I think I was just focused on not falling down and getting back off the stand successfully. Plus, I needed to go to the bathroom! I told the other brothers that the reason they asked me to sing in the quartet is because I put the "special" in special musical number.

After the general session today, which was a broadcast, I managed to get my shoes and socks off all by myself. I feel a little silly being so proud of such and event, but I haven't been able to do it since the accident. I still can't move my upper body much with the shell on so it means that I have gotten quite a bit of flexibility back over the last few weeks. I still don't think I could get the shoes on, getting them off was tricky enough, but at least it's one more thing Wendy doesn't have to do for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be pretty darn excited about getting my shoes and socks off if I hadn't been able to do it for two months! Wish I could have heard your song.
Love,
Mom

Thad and Julie said...

Okay, so I just heard about all this craziness!! Although late as I may be, I think I still qualify to say, "HOLY CRAP!"
A: I remember hearing about the 'unidentified man' on the news. I never would have never guessed it was you. Maybe if I had been watching the news...
B: You and your family are amazing!! What a long way you have come in such a short period of time...and with such good attitudes!
Keep celebrating the baby steps! They are worth it!!