Friday, August 1, 2008

Two Many Sickies

Ayden came down with strep last night. I got her some antibiotics this morning and am staying with the girls for the day. I think I'm having withdrawals. I haven't had hospital food for over 24 hours. With David and Bro. Mecham's help we managed to get a ramp up on the back steps. We just used a piece of ramp from Todd Corbett's ramp that Jeremy helped take down a few months ago:) Thanks Todd, David, and Anthon! Bro. Mecham also installed a grip bar in the bathroom. Jeremy's shower chair should be arriving this afternoon, and then we will be ready for his grand arrival on Saturday evening, as long as the wheelchair fits through the bathroom door of course.

Jeremy told me that the orthodics rep. came again this morning to observe his "walking" so that they can fit him for a brace on his right leg. He came yesterday but Jeremy was too weak to get out of bed. We were amazed because he, the orthodics guy, walked in the room with only a cane. Then he proceeded to tell us that the only muscles he can control below his waist are his quads; no glutes, hams, or calves, etc. He wears braces on his lower legs and just with his quads he can walk and stand. They will come back on Monday to make molds of Jeremy's right leg with which they can make him a custom brace. This afternoon someone is supposed to bring Jeremy a new demo wheelchair and take his measurements to order his own.

As for his nausea, Jeremy has been feeling better today. He ate some breakfast and lunch and made it to his therapy in the morning and afternoon. He still has some bowel challenges(not sure what else to call them:) that are making him pretty uncomfortable but things are improving. He is still planning on coming home for an overnighter tomorrow as long as Claire and I don't get strep before then. Ayden isn't supposed to be contagious tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous about Jeremy being exposed to all the germs here.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for your blog Wendy. We are praying for you all, and we hope Ayden feels better soon and you and Claire don't get sick! Good luck with the overnight stay Jeremy! We love you guys!

Sara Liechty said...

I am enjoying reading your blog every day. Could you update me and maybe others that might be a little slow as to Jeremy's condition? Prognosis? I can't think of a better word. I hope it's okay that I ask. As I read it sounds like his left leg has almost all feeling but his right does not? What are the doctors saying? I hope you don't mind me asking...I just feel a little out of the loop since I got married the day after the accident happened and was gone for a week after that. We love you guys and are praying for you! We put your names in the temple tonight! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
How was your first half day at home? I am sure that it it great to be home again and we continue to pray for you and Wendy. I will be coming to see you all and help out if needed next week the 13th, so prepare yourself. Anything that you would like me to bring that sounds good? Let me know. Can't wait to see everyone. Love you all lots, MOM B