Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the road again

I had my driving evaluation today and I passed with flying colors. It only lasted about 30 minutes and I drove myself home on the freeway! I need to get a left gas pedal for the car and that's it; I am back behind the wheel again. It felt a little awkward driving left-footed and it was a bit of a challenge getting into their car and getting my legs under the wheel, but I managed. I am not planning any big road trips but I am happy to be able to get myself around again.

Just to answer some questions (Angela), Cancun is out. They rejected the paper. The paper I am talking about is the same one (basically) but we submitted it to a journal instead. Apparently it is good enough for one of the top math journals but it isn't good enough for an engineering conference. We got one positive review and one negative review on the paper but the comments on the negative review showed that the person actually just didn't understand it and so he rejected it. Oh well. Our anniversary is the 18th of October and yes it rocks to have a bed in my office. I am basically the coolest...

No comments: