Thursday, September 25, 2008

He's Got Legs

Wendy went visiting teaching tonight so I was at home with the kids. In order to make sure I would be able to keep them from killing each other I decided to keep everyone close together. So I offered to let them come play "tickle, wrestle, pillow fight." For those of you who don't know, this is the game where I lay on the bed and they try to jump on me and hit me with pillows. I push them away and tickle them until they wet my bed. Then Wendy gets mad at me.

We had a lot of fun. While I was playing I rolled onto my left side (meaning that my right side was on top). My right leg was bent so I straightened it out to be more comfortable. Then I went back to defending myself from the attacking girls. Then I realized what I had just done. I had straightened my right leg. That requires some action from your quad. So I started bending me knee and straightening it, bending it, straightening it. I couldn't believe it. The only time I have been able to straighten my knee was when they put me on a polished surface with a towel under my leg and a skateboard under by foot and even then I was barely able to kick out. Today I was doing it like nobody's business. I guess I have been improving all this time and I just didn't know it. So, if you are wondering if I am getting better, the answer is yes. If you are wondering if I will be regulating the Turkey Bowl and the family Christmas soccer games the answer is ... well, actually I still don't know about that.

5 comments:

Tom Rod said...

Whether or not you dominate the Turkey Bowl, it's still awesome that you're able to move you're leg. I bet that was quite a joy to find that out.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so excited! More blessings from heaven. Keep playing those wild games with the girls...it's working!
Love,
Mom

Jen said...

I am glad that you are improving! Kids might just be the best medicine for recovery. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, that is awesome!!!
Keep up the great work, and by all means keep tickling your adorable little girls :) Sounds like good therapy. Love, Aunt Diane

Sara Liechty said...

That is AWESOME! We are so glad you are making such a great recovery!